Bachelor In Hotel Management- 4 years
Eligibility – CHSE or equivalent to CHSE having any stream any %.
About Hotel Management
Managing a hotel comes with a range of responsibilities. You must be able to adapt to new challenges, help different departments and ensure the hotel maintains a standard of excellence. As a hotel manager, you will be responsible for overseeing and having a strong knowledge of finance, planning, service and organization. While you have a team of managers working alongside you, as hotel manager you have to lead rather than follow. You must also make sure your staffs are managing their time and departments efficiently, whether that is through improving their monthly profits or simply ensuring a guest’s expectations are exceeded.
You must have strong attention to detail, leadership and teamwork skills. At some hotels, depending on the size and type, you may find yourself dealing with a lot more day-to-day tasks than you would at a more prestigious place. You may also have less contact with guests, but you’ll spend time monitoring the business through regular meetings
Scope in India for Hotel Management graduates
One of the significant outcomes of globalization is the tremendous growth in the tourism and hospitality industry. With India being one of the most popular travel destinations, the government too is encouraging and investing in the development of these industries.
The hotel industry is a crucial part of the hospitality industry with a huge growth potential in the near future. The demand for hotel management professionals is already huge and is expected to grow more with the increasing number of hotels being set up in India and all over the world. Apart from its glamour, a career in hotel management has become lucrative and exciting, attracting more and more students to opt for it. Hotel management jobs include multiple skills like food and beverage service, front office operation, sales and marketing, accounting etc.
There are many exciting jobs opportunities for hotel management graduates with the increasing competition in the hotel industry. Since a hotel has many departments such as Operations, Front Office, Food and Beverages, Accounting, Sales and Marketing, Engineering/ Maintenance, Security etc. one can opt for a field of their liking and pursue a career and successfully grow in it.
Apart from jobs in Hotels and restaurants, hotel management graduates can find good jobs in:
- Airline Catering (flight kitchen) and Cabin Services
- Club management
- Cruise Ship Hotel Management
- Hospital administration and catering
- Hotel and Tourism Associations (for e.g.: state tourism development corporations)
- Hospitality services in the Indian Navy
- Hospitality services in various MNCs
- Forest Lodges
- Guest Houses, resorts
- Kitchen Management (in hotels or running canteens in college, schools, in factories, company guest houses etc.)
- Catering departments of railways, banks, armed forces, shipping companies etc.
- Hotel and catering institutes (as a management trainee/ marketing or sales executive)
- Self-employment (as an entrepreneur)
Course Offered by FIHM
Name of the Course: Bachelor of Hotel Management
Objective of the course: The Bachelor of Hotel Management Program equips students with the skills, knowledge and competencies needed to shoulder supervisory responsibilities in the Hospitality Sector. The program is a judicious blend of in-depth laboratory work and theory that enable students to acquire the required knowledge and skills in operational areas of Food Production, Food and Beverage Service, Front Office Operation and Housekeeping. It also exposes the student to a wide range of disciplines imparting cross sectorial understanding in areas such like Sales and Marketing, Financial Management, Human Resource Management, Hotel and Catering Law, Property Management, Entrepreneurship Development and Computer skills that are essential ingredients for a rewarding career in the industry.
Duration of the Course: The duration of the BHM course shall be 4 years.
Curriculum: In the first year of the four year programme, students are exposed to the fundamentals of hotel management across the various core components of the industry – from food production and front office operations to improving communication skills. The highlight of the second and third year is the industrial training program at leading hotels that anchor the students to the profession and give them insights to the professional stream that they might choose as their career path. The foundation courses move seamlessly into more advanced exposure to theory and practical of the courses studied in the first year. In the fourth year, the students migrate to advancing their knowledge and skills aligning closely with industry requirements, and grooming them for rewarding careers in their chosen field.
Eligibility for Admission: As decided by the Admission Committee.
Facilities at FIHM
- Classrooms: World-class classrooms fully equipped with multimedia facilities – based on participatory style of learning.
- Food Production Lab: State-of-the-art kitchen laboratories with modern equipment for students to get the best hands on training.
- Food and Beverage Service Lab: To learn the various techniques of serving food and beverages to guests.
- House Keeping Lab: One of the most important departments in any hotel, students are taught the techniques of cleaning, bed making, flower arrangement, interior decoration, laundry, linens, and the use of cleaning equipment.
- Front Office Operation Lab: The nerve centre of any hotel operations, the Front Office is both the first and last point of contact for the guest. With a Mock Front Office, the students are given thorough grounding in the entire life cycle of the Front Office Operations, with a view to surpassing the expectations of the guest.
- Computer Department: Equipped with several computers, students are taught the basics of computing, LAN & WAN, Networking and the Internet. The campus is WI-FI enabled providing easy accessibility to the students.
- Bakery and Confectionary Lab: Students are taught the techniques and skills needed for various baking procedures, get to know the various types of ingredients used in baking and develop a working knowledge of equipment needed for baking. The Institute has well equipped bakery and confectionary department to learn the art of baking and confectionary, and the art of making chocolates.
- Library: A spacious library with several books, reference material, national and international journals, to enrich the knowledge of students.
- Placement: Exclusive placement cell functions to provide placement to Undergraduate students.
- Ladies Hostel
- Boys Hostel
Why Study with Us
- Excellent Study and Research Environment.
- Fees structure as per Government norms.
- Student loans assistance.
- World-Class Infrastructure.
- Hi-Tech Classrooms, Labs and Library.
- Dedicated Placement Cell.
- Modern Teaching Methodology.
- Best-in-Class Faculty.
- Student development programmes all year round.
- Separate Hostels for Ladies and Gents.
- Wi-Fi enabled campus.