Master in Hotel Management
- Duration: 2 Years
- Eligibility: Graduation any stream. With 50 % marks.
What is BTTM?
Managing a hotel comes with a range of responsibilities. You must be able to adapt to new challenges, help different departments and ensure the hotel maintains a standard of excellence. As a hotel manager, you will be responsible for overseeing and having a strong knowledge of finance, planning, service and organization. While you have a team of managers working alongside you, as hotel manager you have to lead rather than follow. You must also make sure your staffs are managing their time and departments efficiently, whether that is through improving their monthly profits or simply ensuring a guest’s expectations are exceeded.
You must have strong attention to detail, leadership and teamwork skills. At some hotels, depending on the size and type, you may find yourself dealing with a lot more day-to-day tasks than you would at a more prestigious place. You may also have less contact with guests, but you’ll spend time monitoring the business through regular meetings.
One of the significant outcomes of globalization is the tremendous growth in the tourism and hospitality industry. With India being one of the most popular travel destinations, the government too is encouraging and investing in the development of these industries.
The hotel industry is a crucial part of the hospitality industry with a huge growth potential in the near future. The demand for hotel management professionals is already huge and is expected to grow more with the increasing number of hotels being set up in India and all over the world. Apart from its glamour, a career in hotel management has become lucrative and exciting, attracting more and more students to opt for it. Hotel management jobs include multiple skills like food and beverage service, front office operation, sales and marketing, accounting etc.
There are many exciting jobs opportunities for hotel management graduates with the increasing competition in the hotel industry. Since a hotel has many departments such as Operations, Front Office, Food and Beverages, Accounting, Sales and Marketing, Engineering/ Maintenance, Security etc. one can opt for a field of their liking and pursue a career and successfully grow in it.
Apart from jobs in Hotels and restaurants, hotel management graduates can find good jobs in:
- Airline Catering (flight kitchen) and Cabin Services
- Club management
- Cruise Ship Hotel Management
- Hospital administration and catering
- Hotel and Tourism Associations (for e.g.: state tourism development corporations)
- Hospitality services in the Indian Navy
- Hospitality services in various MNCs
- Forest Lodges
- Guest Houses, resorts
- Kitchen Management (in hotels or running canteens in college, schools, in factories, company guest houses etc.)
- Catering departments of railways, banks, armed forces, shipping companies etc.
- Hotel and catering institutes (as a management trainee/ marketing or sales executive)
- Self-employment (as an entrepreneur)